*NOTE* -This role can be officed in either San Antonio, TX or Bridgewater, NJ.
The Associate Medical Education Manager (AMEM) owns the management and execution of local medical education (LME) programs to maximize reach and awareness in support of the overall strategic goals of the company.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Work with Sales Team and MP to plan and execute regional speaker dinner programs to align with LME process
- Maintain LME tracker for open visibility for Med Ed team, Meeting Planning and financial reporting
- Ongoing evaluation of the LME process and potential changes needed for continuous quality improvements
- Own local medical education budget for assigned regions including regional reporting
- Demonstrate working knowledge of program content, regulatory guidelines, and mastery of internal processes, ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Day-to-day management of national and regional/district medical education programs to support needs of business
- Collaborate closely with meeting planning and other business partners to ensure program logistics and registration are well supported and aligned with business strategy
- Medical Education projects and initiatives as needed to ensure continued excellence at Local, Regional, National and International programs.
- Develop and advance meaningful measures of success
- Manage key vendor relationships
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Maintain current knowledge of clinical data, surgical and wound care techniques, and educational needs
- Develop and own relationships with regional key opinion leaders and key decision makers and strategically leverage these relationships to advance messaging, impact and influence
- United: communicative, collaborative, and inclusive
- Authentic: open, honest and trustworthy
- Purposeful: focused, accountable and customer driven
- Courageous: innovative, bold and resourceful
Demonstrated understanding of peer-to-peer educational platforms, and general trends in medicine and peer-to-peer education. Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Experience working in a matrixed organization a plus. Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time, effectively prioritize and remain detail oriented. Must work well in a fast-paced environment, be able to multi-task, and remain detail-oriented. Strong initiative and resourcefulness. Ability to effectively serve as a resource to external key customers and executives within the Company. Ability to consistently demonstrate leadership through compliance with the Company's set of principles and standards. Intermediate level computer skills. Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment. Must be willing to travel a minimum of 25% to attend scheduled business and corporate functions when required.
1-3 years experience in Medical Education, with in house (non-agency) experience OR 3+ years in a Medical Communications Agency servicing medical device clients in a medical education capacity
- Advanced degree in business, science, or healthcare field
- Medical Device and/or wound care experience
- Project Management Certification, a plus
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a scientific or business field