The Director VMO & Governance, is a key team member who acts as a liaison between the functional Teams, Governance, Procurement, Compliance and strategic Service Provider to establish a Vendor Management and Governance Office for our Strategic Suppliers.
The Director is the primary liaison for the VMO & Governance, including Key Suppliers for BPO, ITO and Engineering Outsourcing and Governance.
Key Supplier Program:
The Director will have oversight and primary relationship management for the Service Provider(s), ensuring Service Providers deliver the services in accordance with the terms and conditions, service levels and pricing provisions of the Agreement.
Working closely with the business operations in a matrix organization this leader will be responsible for ensuring process protocols are in place and being followed internally across organization. Key interactions with finance, procurement, legal, tax, compliance, PMO and IT teams and leaders will drive the success of this role. The Director will be responsible for ensuring complete and accurate reporting is being performed and trends, issues and opportunities are highlighted, action plans developed, acted upon and brought to completion.
The Director also assists with understanding the business requirements, ensuring proper content is within the SOW’s (i.e. descriptions of services, SLA’s, milestones, commitments, etc.), interprets contract language, reviews contracts (redlines/creates languages), tracks and ensures savings and associated actions are taken to deliver business case for the operations area(s).
In addition, the Director will be a key team member when RFP’s, new Agreements or New Work is done, working closely with Procurement, Tax, Legal, Compliance, Finance and the business owners.
The Director will train internal teams, manage external suppliers’ expectations and requirements, and manage mitigation plans and commitments and be the escalation path for both the internal teams and the service provider teams when issues or challenges arise. This position requires a leader who can drive change in the organization, while ensuring strong relationships are developed and maintained internally and with strategic providers.
Supplier Risk Management
Supports the Enterprise Risk Management team & Procurement, in the execution of the supplier risk management program requirements including assessing, identifying risk and mitigation recommendations and plans.
Contract Change Management
Drives contract change management by providing creation and support for contract amendments, monitoring, tracking, executing and reporting status of contract changes, clarifying and tracking any verbal contract change agreements, and monitoring any unauthorized contract changes
Contract Issue Management
Provides primary support to Company personnel for contract issue management identification and upfront resolution of potential issues including monitoring and escalating key Service Provider-related issues to Governance Committees. Monitors and manages the progress in dispute resolution
- Creates and manages Deliverables & Obligations Tracker for key Suppliers
Contract Dispute Resolution
• Manages dispute resolution through formal dispute resolution channels by reviewing the contract and developing the calendar, determining documents and notice requirements, notifying and working through informal dispute resolution, supporting the dispute resolution procedure, and preparing for and executing through final dispute resolution; also may assist in establishing such channels where necessary
Service Provider Audits
• Manages Service Provider audit functions including identifying audit areas in Agreement, planning audits for contract year, providing notice of intent to perform audit, monitoring the conduct of audits and reporting audit outcomes
• Drives governance library functions including creating the governance library, gathering materials for governance library and maintaining the governance library
Other Contract & Relationship Management Activities
• Owns and manages governance meetings; providing contract management-related tracking, measurement and dashboard consolidations; liaising with Company financial team for financial reporting matters; monitoring and seeking ways to improve team efficiency, effectiveness and impact; recording ideas for improving processes and procedures; and interacting with and directing day-to-day operations of the offshore resources via their local manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Qualifications
• Strong knowledge of operations business, business processes, IT processes and contracts, roles and systems utilized to deliver services for operations area(s). Good business acumen and understanding of Order to Cash, IT processes and Sales Support processes.
• Specific experience (10+ years) in managing strategic suppliers and governance aspects of outsourcing transaction(s) (BPO, ITO, Engineering, F&A) governance and supplier relationship management. Ability to work in the detail and present at sr. levels of an organization.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience (10+ years) in managing outsource services (IT, Engineering and Business process), remote teams and/or Service Providers
• Ability to accomplish results through influencing of others, particularly by establishing strong relationships with remote teams, drive the implementation and execution of effective controls and monitoring processes, including clearly defined and regular reporting of operations
• Proven negotiation and influencing skills. Strong background in contract management, including contracting authorization policies and procedures. Position will be responsible for driving collaboration across functions and teams outside of the BT group. Need to build cross functional teams to influence change and improvement
• Strong collaboration and partnering skills. Responsible for bringing teams together, connecting the “dots” for continued improvement in operations, tools, efficient processes and improved reporting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior leaders
• Knowledge of company business environment, service requirements, strategy, operational improvement initiatives and culture
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Business or related field
• MBA or other advanced degree preferred
• Demonstrates proficiency with MS-Office suite of software applications and tools, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project, MS-Outlook.