Sr. Manager Infrastructure Operations & End User Support
ORGANIZATION: Acelity DEPARTMENT: IT Customer Service REPORTS TO: Sr. Director IT
STATUS: JOB CODE: (from Workday; created by HR) UPDATED: 7/22/2019
The purpose of the Operations Support Manager is to oversee the processes and delivery of a Service Provider team of technical support professionals delivering infrastructure and end user support in areas including PC’s, Network, Servers, Databases, Middleware, and Storage delivered via On Premises, Data Centers, and Cloud. This position will serve as an ITIL/ITSM Process Owner for areas in the Service Transition area such as Incident Management, Release Management, Change Management, Configuration/CMDB Management, Asset Management, and Knowledge Management as assigned. This position has frequent contact with executive management, regional business management, peers, and independent vendors. The role is responsible for the delivery of IT infrastructure and end user services for the global IT systems and platforms.
Principle Responsibilities (essential job duties and responsibilities):
- Oversee the operations of a follow the sun Service Provider supporting Infrastructure and end user support teams to include review/approval of processes.
- Review the planning and execution of service transitions from end user support, application development, infrastructure development and project teams into production deployment.
- Work across teams and functions to coordinate the overall IT support services rendered, partnering with Acelity management and Service Provider supervisors to help ensure appropriate SLAs and OLAs are established and met.
- Utilize performance measurement reporting as a feedback mechanism for Service Provider teams on issues such as customer service, communication, and technical skills to enhance the quality of support delivered on an ongoing basis.
- Act as Process Owner for assigned ITIL/ITSM areas of Support and Service Transition such as Incident Management, Release Management, Change Management, Configuration/CMDB Management, Asset Management, and Knowledge Management. This includes the review and approval of processes, work instructions, and Metrics reporting performed by assigned Service Provider personnel.
- Participate in and/or oversee IT projects as required; work with end-user-compute (EUC), application development and infrastructure teams to understand project timelines, deliverables, and impact to the enterprise IT environment.
- Work closely with Service Partner supervisor personnel to ensure alignment on all developing issues and coordination of knowledge transfer for all related support activities. Oversee the review/approval Knowledge Management articles for areas and processes of responsibility.
- Act as first point of Acelity escalation for customer issues around assigned IT systems/components availability/performance. Meet regularly with Acelity IT Customer Service management in partnership with Service Provider management personnel to provide updates on Service Delivery metrics and outstanding issues; identify, analyze, document, recommend, and implement areas for services provided in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Act as first point of contact for Service Provider supervisor escalation for assigned support area teams. Meet with IT Customer Service management as required to drive Acelity responses to escalated issues impacting Service Providers’ ability to deliver contracted services.
- On call availability 24x7 for issues related IT Customer Service for EUC, infrastructure and platforms.
- Experience in service delivery within IT Infrastructure and EUC areas including PC’s, Network, Servers, Databases, Middleware, and Storage delivered via On Premises, Data Centers, and Cloud
- Experience with monitoring and alert functionality for EUC, Infrastructure and platform components
- ITIL/ITSM process familiarity
- Global IT EUC and infrastructure experience operating with multiple locations and time zones
- Experience working in an outsourced IT environment
- Familiarity with using metrics/reporting to analyze performance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience evaluating and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new procedures.
- Ability to anticipate and identify potential issues for consideration and raise along with recommendations for potential solutions
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities
- Ability to work with multiple cultures
- Excellent technical and organizational skills
- Foster teamwork
- Make decisions
- Solve problems
- Build relationships
- Communicate effectively
- 12 plus years in IT
- 2 plus years overseeing service delivery
- 2 plus years working with offshore Service Providers
- ITIL/ITSM and/or Process improvement training or certifications
Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent experienceThe information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor