This individual in this position is responsible for coordinating and communicating status of all global in-transit product through to physical and systemic receipt at DCs and Customers. Responsibilities also include the fulfillment of daily tactical transportation-related tasks to achieve these goals; preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reporting metrics; data analyses and graphical representations related to the transportation and logistics strategies of the company; and providing the team with transportation industry intelligence through regular daily interaction ensuring best in class logistics decisions. In addition, this position requires cross-functional coordination and maintenance of ongoing communications with logistics partners, carriers and their representatives.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Tactical and strategic influence of Global Freight, Logistics and Analytics requirements for KCI Worldwide.
- Support of required transportation moves for all KCI organizations requiring shipping of goods including raw materials and finished goods
- Develop and maintain positive carrier relationships while implementing appropriate carrier management processes to drive selected carriers within assigned categories towards world class performance.
- Serve as focal point for the carrier relationship and ensure appropriate engagement of business partners
- Support key business partners in meeting the strategic needs of stakeholders
- Support the training of KCI team members and internal customers on logistics best practices
- Facilitate, measure and track Logistics and Transportation project assignments.
- Assist in the development of business policies and processes Develop and maintain market knowledge to support the logistics department
- Develop metrics to continuously measure contractual service level agreements (SLA’s) in support of driving carrier performance to its optimum level
- Design, implementation, management and presentation of transportation cost saving programs and productivity or process improvement initiatives.
- Conduct occasionally highly sensitive business studies requiring cross departmental cooperation and coordination
- Assist Manager in the development, implementation, and refinement of logistics strategies that result in enhanced value, cost reduction, and continuous improvement
- Perform related work as required
Skills and Experiences:
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and in writing
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Advanced knowledge of MS Access and Business Intelligence software (PowerBI, Datameer) experience
- Detail oriented, fact-based problem solver who can translate insights into strategy
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, adapt to shifting priorities and detail oriented
- Minimum 5 years related experience in global supply chain or logistics or transportation fields
- APICS CPIM or CLTD Certification
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience