The Professional Affairs (PA) Associate Manager serves an important role in supporting the PA department in initiating, monitoring, executing, and closing assigned activities related to interactions with healthcare professionals and professional medical societies /organizations. Primary functions of the associate manager are management of the following as assigned and in alignment with the PA managers: Health Care Professional (HCP) contracting and payment, the global grants, donations and fellowship committee, advisory panels and focus groups. The PA Associate Manager will also serve as the liaison between various departments within Acelity and with external suppliers.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Responsible for processing assigned consulting contracts, Fair Market Value (FMV) letters.
- Coordination of the grants, donations and fellowship committee
- Key Opinion Leader (KOL), Advocate and HCP identification, evaluation, engagement, payment and relationship management for assigned specialties in alignment with KCI corporate goals in coordination with the PA managers.
- Organize and orchestrate advisory panels as appropriate and assigned.
- Ensures timely payment of honoraria to consultant HCPs and unrestricted educational grants according to KCI guidelines.
- Implements the understanding and application of PA principles, concepts, practices and standards of working with high level surgeons, physicians and researchers and has full knowledge of industry practices related to these interactions.
- Develops solutions to problems encountered w/ HCPs (i.e.: compliance or payment issues)
- Anticipates operational, relationship, compliance problems and recommends solutions and preventative measures.
- Utilizes HCPs to increase therapy awareness in continuum of wound care.
- Works collaboratively, interdepartmentally, and across business units to accomplish PA goals.
- Work is performed under general direction, planning and arranging for activities to accomplish objectives.
- Participates in any and all reasonable work activities, as may be deemed suitable and assigned by PA management.
- Conforms to and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Represents PA and Global Medical Affairs (GMA) on teams and with HCPs as assigned.
- Works effectively on internal teams and demonstrates the ability to develop productive working relationships with external clinicians.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experiences:
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Administrative support experience
- Experience with enterprise expense management and travel planning systems
- Bachelor Degree in a related field
- Operate independently and efficiently to achieve results
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in written format
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in all business dealings
- Deal effectively with employees and business contacts and convey a positive service-oriented attitude
- Exercise sound judgment, eliciting support and cooperation from co-workers
- Demonstrated networking and coordination skills
- Demonstrated communications and presentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities with input from multiple parties
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with Oracle and basic accounting principles
- Experience with Sales applications such as SalesForce.com
- Familiarity with educational grants and fellowships
- 1 year of experience in the health care field, health care compliance, legal or medical device/health care/pharmaceutical industry (Sales, Business operations, Marketing and similar)
also serve as the liaison between various departments within Acelity and with external suppliers.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor