Company: KCI USA, Inc.
Location: 6203 Farinon Drive, San Antonio, TX 78249
Position Title: Verification & Validation Engineer II
Verification & Validation Engineer II for KCI USA Inc. in San Antonio, TX.
Plan and execute design verification engineering projects and reliability activities to support the development of safe and reliable medical devices. Develop and validate test methods; write protocols based on defined requirements; and provide clear concise test reports. Perform data analysis activities including tolerance intervals, data reduction, and gage repeatability and reproducibility. Collaborate with a variety of teams to create innovative products and to successfully released into the medical device industry. Primary duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Partner with the Quality team to identify and explore areas of reliability, risk, and sampling.
- Generate design verification and stability project plans to test design requirements.
- Provide the reliability function for design verification by acting as reliability engineering lead on assigned projects.
- Apply the design for reliability (DFR) concepts (DFMEA, HALT, FTA,) during the product development process to ensure that designs are intrinsically reliable.
- Develop test strategies to determine the best means of providing design verification and reliability, including for success testing, test to failure, and alarm conditions.
- Use engineering tools such as design of experiments, gage repeatability and reproducibility, fabrication of unique test fixtures, and test automation to develop test methods.
- Validate test methods using equipment qualification, software validation, and measurement analysis.
- Develop and qualify new test protocols, ensuring that test objectives are effectively incorporated.
- Create custom control, user interface, and data collections programs using LabView.
- Coordinate assigned project resources to ensure data integrity and test output in maximized.
- Collaborate with lab technicians to assemble, test, and troubleshoot mechanical, electronic, electromechanical, and pneumatic test set-ups and data acquisition system.
- Analyze test data for conformance to pre-determined acceptance criteria and prepare formal reports and results summaries.
- Assist other engineering teams in failure investigations and root cause analysis for problems identified during lab testing and field issues.
- Assist other engineers in the compilation and analysis of basic reliability data from field studies.
- Responsible for using the technical writing methodology in all engineering documents, including plans, protocols, investigations, and reports.
Job requirements: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Manufacturing Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other closely related engineering field of study; plus 2 years (24 months) of work experience in the job offered or other closely related positions. Experience may be concurrent. Employer is willing to accept any suitable combination of education, experience and/or training that is equivalent to the minimum job requirements for the position. Travel required (10-15%) to various locations.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor