This position is responsible for providing world class customer service during the provision, return and servicing of medical equipment inclusive of responding to product inquiries or other identified customer needs. The daily responsibilities encompass the preparation of medical equipment for patient use to include sanitization and disinfection, quality control testing, preparation for use and transportation of the equipment to and from customer locations utilizing a company provided vehicle. In addition to preparation and provision of medical equipment, employees in this function are required to learn and operate within the company defined policies and procedures to maintain compliance with the regulated requirements for medical devices. Additional responsibilities include maintenance of a safe and clean service center working environment and company vehicles.
- Follows Company defined protocols and procedures to clean/sanitize, disinfect medical devices between patient use.
- Follows company defined procedures to perform quality control tests on Medical devices including the documentation and archiving tests results.
- Prepares medical equipment, disposables and documentation for delivery.
- Prepares, loads & unloads medical equipment into company vehicle following loading/unloading procedures.
- Safely operates company vehicle to transport products to and from customer locations.
- Interacts with customers to include patients and hospital staff on a regular basis.
- Obtains and evaluates all information regarding service and product inquires and providing prompt responses & appropriate follow up.
- Seeks out unmet customer needs and provides solutions or relays requirements to manager.
- Processes documentation proof of delivery and pickup of products for appropriate inventory management and tracking purposes.
- Provides support to internal and external customers by phone, electronically and in person.
- Organizes and executes assigned work tasks to effectively and efficiently meet customer communicated timeframes for service.
- Gathers customer feedback responding and/or escalating as appropriate.
- Utilizes computer or other company issued electronic equipment to timely execute transactions and to accurately capture transactional data for company record keeping.
- Assists accounts in the research and due diligence searches for missing & misplaced medical equipment within customer locations or the service environment.
- Using specific product knowledge performs basic troubleshooting of product operation to resolve customer concerns.
- Communicates and coordinates appropriately and efficiently with internal departments.
- Provides feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Maintains vehicle appearance and ensures routine maintenance is completed and recorded as required by policy & procedure.
- Perform basic housekeeping duties within facility to ensure a clean and safe working environment.
- Learns and conforms to all work and safety instructions.
- Serves as designated facility contact person in the absence of management or other assigned leader.
- Conforms to and supports Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Participates in any and all reasonable work activities as deemed appropriate by management.
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Requires a 1years of work experience in service related field.
- Willingness to take a fitness test to determine ability to meet the physical demands of the job as outlined in the Job Safety Analysis.
- One year experience in a customer service related position.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and pass MVR review.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated time management & prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively listen and answer customer questions/concerns.
- Ability to work extended hours including evenings, weekends and participate in on-call duties as required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships.
- Ability to travel by commercial air service to attend training and other scheduled business functions.
1The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor