Responsible for management of experienced software engineering professionals that design and develop embedded real-time software for mechanical and electro pneumatic medical devices along with software integration, verification, validation and configuration management. Management responsibility may span several locations and include 3rd party resources. Software Engineering Manager will establish standardized operating policies and procedures that drive efficiency and effectiveness of the Software Engineering Team. Manager will also ensure the Software Engineering team’s adherence to company-wide policies and procedures.
Evaluate, develop improvements, and establish standardized operating policies and procedures that drive efficiency and effectiveness of the Software Engineering Team. Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior-level customer representatives concerning projects, operations decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications. Manage engineering software leads on projects, integrating all aspects of design work from other engineers, mechanical, electrical and software, to complete the design and development of products. Manages and optimizes resources to deliver on commitments. Develops budgets, schedules, and performance standards. Ensures the Software Engineering team’s adherence to company-wide policies and procedures. Conducts solid stakeholder and risk analysis on key issues. Weighs alternatives and considers business implications of decisions. Recommends appropriate solutions based on resources, schedule and commitment. Review and approve software projects detailed plans; be accountable and hold SW team responsible to adhere to agreed upon development schedules. Participate in quality reviews for final product. Ensure proper product documentation through KCI’s Change Order and Release processes. Review documentation for accurate input: specification sheets, software flowcharts, PCB layout, and architecture definitions. Collaborate with Franchises, Sustaining Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and Operations Management to ensure the SW Team’s compliance and effectiveness throughout the Life Cycle of products Create value for KCI’s shareholders and customers through the creation of technologies, products or processes that provide real benefit to our customers and patients. Participate in any and all reasonable work activities as may be deemed suitable and assigned by management. Conform to, support and enforce all Company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other appropriate engineering science field.
- Minimum 6 years of industry experience as a Software Engineering Manager with product design, research or applicable field experience, including demonstrated competence leading engineering teams using appropriate tools for the design, testing and documentation of products.
- Minimum 6 years project management or equivalent demonstrated leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge related to embedded system software development.
- Expertise required to manage and lead Principal, Staff, and Senior level engineers. Conversant in C, C++ and assembly programming.
- Good system understanding of embedded software systems for machine control. Experience with embedded systems and development tools Experience in a regulated design environment.
- Experience in GMP certified Manufacturing Processes and UL, IEC Standards.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills, ability to diagnose both technical and business issues, develop and implement solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work well in a team environment and meet demanding schedules. Must have good ability to communicate technical subject matter effectively to technical and non-technical business leadership both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
- Master’s degree Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other appropriate engineering science field
- Experience in an FDA medical device development environment.
- Medical Device Cyber Security Experience
- Experience with ARM based processors including Cortext M0, M4, and A series
- Experience with RS-232, I2C, and SPI interfaces
- Experience with USB software development.
- Experience with Graphical User Interface development.
- Experience with Cellular, WIFI, Bluetooth, and Zigbee development.