Responsible for being the SW lead on small projects and/or supporting the Software leads of large projects in the design and development of embedded real time software for mechanical and electro-pneumatic medical devices along with software integration, verification, validation and configuration management. The Sr. Software Engineer will contribute to the completion of tasks and milestones associated with specific projects as assigned by Software lead or create and complete tasks and milestones of projects under their leadership.
Design, develop, and maintain both new and legacy code for computer-controlled medical devices. Lead and/or assist software leads and design leads in the creation of detailed project plans; be accountable for and adhere to agreed upon development schedules. Lead and/or participate in the derivation of detailed technical specifications from general product requirements and specifications. Participate in coding and code reviews for final product. Assist in design prototyping to include sourcing of materials, product test models, and the market test models. Support product and software testing to guide verification and validation activities confirming product performance. Manage product documentation through KCI’s Software Development processes. Work closely with Design Control Coordinators, Software Quality Assurance team, Software Leads, and Design Leads to ensure compliance and effectiveness during the product development process. Create value for KCI’s shareholders and customers through the creation of technologies, products or processes that provide real benefit to our customers and patients. Participate in any and all reasonable work activities as may be deemed suitable and assigned by management. Conform to, support and enforce all Company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other appropriate engineering science field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in embedded system software development.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in product design, research or applicable field experience, including demonstrated competence using appropriate tools for the design, testing and documentation of products.
- Proficient in C/C++ programming.
- Good system understanding of embedded software systems for machine control.
- Product design experience, including software tools for design, testing and documentation of products, i.e. IAR, HEW, Code Warrior, etc.
- Experience in a regulated design environment with medical device development highly preferred, FDA or ISO registered work experience.
- Experience in GMP certified Manufacturing Processes and UL, IEC Standards.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills, ability to diagnose issues, find and test solutions.
- Ability to multitask across projects, work well in a team environment and meet demanding schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to create value for KCI’s customers through the generation of intellectual property, technologies or products that provide real benefit to our customers and patients.
- Must have good ability to communicate technical subject matter effectively, both verbally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to deal effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
- Experience with ARM based processors including Cortext M0, M4, and A series
- Experience with RS-232, I2C, and SPI interfaces
- Experience with USB software development.
- Experience with Graphical User Interface development.
- Experience with Cellular, WIFI, Bluetooth, and Zigbee development.