The Operations Analyst is responsible for collecting and interpreting data from various internal and external sources, problem-solving and analyzing various types of operations opportunities. The Operations Analyst is also responsible for developing tools and analyses to drive improvement and solutions as well as developing infrastructure models to support distribution necessities.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Develops tools and analyses to drive improvement and solutions in operations, including infrastructure models, freight, product supply, labor productivity, spend, etc.
- Assists in the development of business policies, conducts special, sometimes highly sensitive, financial or business studies and cooperates with other departments as needed
- Monitors various operations performance metrics in the areas of cost, customer service, and compliance
- Collects and interprets data from various internal and external sources
- Prepares and compiles data, along with trend analysis to identify business and financial issues, and develops alternative solutions
- Reviews existing internal operational processes and tools for compliance and improvement
- Works with operations as well as other Acelity departments on improvement initiatives
- Applies continuous improvement, six sigma, and DMAIC techniques to improvement initiatives
- Develops ideas for additional strategies and improvement initiatives
- Performs detail data mining and analysis and translates results to Operations management with recommendations for improvement
- At least 5 years of experience in an operational environment including operational financial analysis and/or budget development
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field
Skills and Experiences:
- Experience with operations management
- Experience with metrics development and analysis
- Demonstrated analytical skills to develop executive summaries
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to deal with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
- Experience in a deadline-driven, rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Oracle or similar database system and reporting software such as Business Objects and OBIEE.
- Experience with other business intelligence tools such as Crystal Reports, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Intermediate level SQL programming experience
- Experience in Six Sigma, Lean Mfg, Supply Chain Redesign, Logistics network design, Process improvement, and/or Project Management