- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in occupational health & safety, industrial hygiene, environmental engineering, or a related field (ASP or CSP preferred).
- Must have 3-5 years experience in environmental, health and safety administration in an industrial, manufacturing or laboratory setting.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local regulations/programs relating to environmental, health and safety (EH&S) within the U.S. and Canada.
- Strong knowledge and experience with working in an industrial, manufacturing or laboratory environment and the types of machinery used in these settings.
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding and interpreting federal, state and local environmental regulations, occupational health & safety standards, and applicable consensus standards.
- Demonstrated capabilities in presenting ideas written and orally within a cross-functional environment.
- Computer literacy with strong proficiencies in Windows, MS Office programs and excellent organizational, leadership and communications skills.
- Implement and maintain EH&S management system (work processes, policies and procedures) in order to add value to the business, meet business objectives and maintain compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Implement and maintain EH&S programs to ensure regulatory compliance and a high level of performance, including: Life Safety and Emergency Response, Hazardous Materials Handling and Storage, Radiation Safety, Biological and Infectious Materials Safety, Laboratory Safety, Control of Hazardous Energy, Fleet and Driver Safety, Powered Industrial Trucks, Ergonomics, Incident Investigations, Employee Training, Waste Management, Air Quality, and Waste Water Quality.
- Facilitate the administration of any required EH&S training programs, which include development of safety training materials and ensuring the delivery in a consistent and timely manner through internal and external resources.
- Analyze health and safety conditions and recommend changes to prevent or eliminate risks through engineering controls, process changes or personal protective equipment.
- Lead a cross-functional and multi-shift safety support team.
- Build and strengthen management and employee commitment for EH&S policies and procedures.
- Any EH&S related duties deemed necessary by Acelity leadership.
Specific duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Assist and/or conduct the incident investigation and root-cause analysis process for work-related accidents and ensure the implementation of corrective actions.
- Assist and/or conduct training as necessary to ensure EH&S compliance.
- Coordinate and/or conduct safety committee meetings and ensure relevant items are addressed appropriately.
- Evaluate and review new and existing business processes to identify and resolve any EH&S related issues.
- Track metrics that are leading indicators of EH&S performance and present reports to management staff.
- Conduct routine EH&S audits and inspections and report findings to management staff.
- Coordination of various EH&S incentive programs.
- Attend and actively participate in business unit and departmental safety meetings or discussions.
- Prepare, update and maintain any required federal, state and/or local EH&S permits, reports, or surveys.