This position is responsible for participating as a member of the Acelity competitive response strategy development and implementation team. This individual will work as a team member led by the Sr. Director of Commercial Excellence and will participate in working with the Americas Marketing, Sales, Global Health Systems and their teams in identifying opportunities, and developing and implementing the required strategies. This person will be responsible for the development and maintenance of all commercial information, intelligence data, relevant analytics, and databases. This role will also be responsible for coordinating the development and maintenance of customer facing marketing materials in support of the Americas Sales and GHS teams. Responsibilities are primarily focused on the Americas, however, there will be a need to assist in the development of a similar structure and platform for the global teams.
Commercial excellence and competitive strategy development:
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive competitive response strategy and implementation process that includes: identification of competitive activity, required strategies, implementation plans, metrics, and reporting
- Develop tools that assist in, and participate in the coordination of cross functional groups achieving the goals consistent with the identified activities
- Participate in the: 1) research, collection, and analysis of competitive market activities; 2) development of tools and reporting in support of competitive strategies; 3) development and management of internal key performance indicators (kpi’s) to provide insight on impact of competitive activity
- Responsible for managing the collection and reporting of all competitive information, in support of the selling team activities, as well as reporting to the Competitive Strategy Steering Committee
- A liaison for the Americas Sales and Marketing teams in the collection and distribution of commercial activity
- Participate in the development and implementation of digital messaging. Be the liaison and coordinate as needed between the Americas Marketing teams and the Global Digital Marketing team.
- Assist in the development and recommendations for process and system enhancements to improve operational efficiency, accuracy, and service levels across the required geographic networks
- Responsible for managing the acquisition and distribution of sample products to the selling teams and its customers as required. Will include the oversight of the order to fulfillment process, as well as financial forecasting
- Responsible for being the key contact point for the field selling teams in providing support on development, maintenance, and distribution of customer facing presentation documents. This will include being a representative along with team members from sales, marketing, and franchise in identifying current and future support needs.
Responsible for supporting the monitoring and reporting of competitive activity as identified by executive and commercial team members as well as by generally available intelligence sources.
- Participate in working with established work teams supporting the development and implementation of specific strategic and tactical activities
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of reporting and metrics
- Participate as needed with the Commercial Operations team in the development and implementation of SFDC as it pertains to collection and reporting of commercial intelligence data and information
- Works independently and as a contributing team lead and/or participant
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Masters preferred
- Requires a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a healthcare environment in a senior operations role focused on delivering high level of customer satisfaction while pursuing an operational excellence delivery model
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in cross functional team participation
RELATED EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
- Ability to work in a cross functional and a matrixed organization
- Strong organization and project management skills. Training in lean business practices and/or TQM a plus
- Proficiency with a variety of computer applications including MS Office
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Willingness and ability to travel as required