The ideal candidate will be able to apply their knowledge of healthcare master, reference, and transaction data to define, develop and execute test cases that ensure Acelity data stores and assets are complete, of high quality, and are in alignment with Acelity business process and goals. The candidate will leverage training in data analytics and SQL to develop an in-depth testing approach and work with stakeholders by creating and executing test cases in alignment with project and process goals as well as Data Governance guidelines. Driven by curiosity and a passion for data, the ideal candidate thrives in situations where they can apply their knowledge of data and testing protocols to ensuring that Acelity has high quality, consistent information that can be leveraged to drive business decisions. The candidate must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Responsible for defining and executing data-oriented testing and must possess intermediate to advanced expertise in data analytics and SQL. In addition to the technical skills, the candidate must be able to effectively communicate (via verbal, written and data visualization means) testing results to internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Define and execute test cases in the Oracle and HADOOP environments using SQL as the primary mechanism.
- Apply best-in-class testing methodologies to ensuring the accuracy and consistency of Acelity data across multiple platforms.
- Perform root cause analysis on data errors and issues and identify source, process, or person generating the errors.
- Identify data exceptions that require stewardship and work with cross-functional teams to define procedures for resolving those errors.
- Document test cases, execution, and results and provide metrics that demonstrate the % complete, progress to date, and remaining work.
- Develop an expertise in the Acelity data, business, and processes that can be used to drive future testing initiatives and improvements in the overall quality of Acelity data.
- Act as an internal consulting resource for business partners and cross-functional projects in defining and executing test cases on new or modified data sources, stores, or processes.
- Translate testing results into on-going metrics and exceptions that can be used to proactively monitor data once it has been moved to production.
- Act as Tier 2 support for investigating and resolving production data issues.
- Develop a close collaboration with technology partners to strengthen alignment between business data applications, implications and technical architecture
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, or related major. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years’ experience working with end-users and key stakeholders in testing and analytics roles
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to systematically test large and complex data sets identifying potential errors and driving to a root cause.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL as a power user.
- The ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with executives and other internal stakeholders, catering to various levels of analytical proficiency
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects
- Results oriented: Attention to detail, organized, and able to multi-task on multiple initiatives
- Intense curiosity and passion for data.
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Solutions, specifically Salesforce.com, preferred
- Experience with Total Quality Management (TQM) preferred.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Office-based (San Antonio) position OR Remote
- Travel requirements dependent on candidate work location